If you're looking for accommodation you might find our Top Ten House Hunting Tips and House Hunting Checklist useful.

Information for Landlords

If you are a landlord wanting to advertise your property please contact Birmingham City Student Homes by clicking here. Please note that at Birmingham City Students’ Union we only advertise accommodation for landlords who are accredited with the Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme.

Housing Advice and Information

Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme (MLAS) - A scheme promoting good landlords and letting agents. You are strongly advised to check the lists of accredited landlords and agents before you decide to rent a property.

NUS: Housing Advice - This section of the NUS website provides advice specifically for students, and covers issues such as TV licensing, carbon monoxide poisoning and deposits. The house-hunting checklist is especially useful.

Safer Students (West Midlands Police) - Safer Homes provide advice on how to protect your home and possessions from intruders. The site includes information about property marking and a housing security checklist.

Gas Safe Register - Gas Safe Register is the UK watchdog for gas safety. Their website has advice about carbon monoxide poisoning, cowboy gas fitters and general information for gas consumers.

West Midlands Fire Service - The local fire service website provides information on all aspects of fire safety in the home.