What is the SMM?
The Student Members Meeting Is a large forum where a wide variety of students come to debate and determine the direction of Birmingham City University Students’ Union. As the Students’ Union is directed and led by you, our student members, we use the SMM to adopt a collective stance on an issue and decide what action we will take.
All student members of BCUSU are welcome to attend and if you feel passionately about something you can submit an idea for change all you need to do is get 460 students to sign to say they support it. Otherwise you can send the idea to be discussed at Student Advisory Panel.
The SMM is where students get to find out about and pass the following areas of work:
- Ratification of minutes of the previous meeting;
- Ratification of the Report of the Trustees including progress against the Strategic Plan;
- Receiving the accounts of the Union for the previous financial year;
- Approving the list of affiliations of the Union and the appointment of the auditor;
- Open questions to the sabbatical Trustees by the Student Members;
- Any petition submitted by 2% of the student membership.
In unusual circumstances BCUSU may hold other Student Members’ meetings in addition to the annual Student Members’ meeting. Such meetings shall be called and held in accordance with the Bye-Laws.
Student Members Meeting 2017
This year’s Student Members Meeting will take place on:
Tuesday 28 February 2017 12pm
Please remember your Student ID card as you will require this for entry.
The deadline for submitting a petition to the Student Members meeting is Friday 24th February at 12pm.
How does the meeting work?
Our SMM follows standard formal meeting procedures.
If you would like any more information about the SMM please contact the Student Voice Team at: email@example.com and we can answer your query via email or arrange a meeting for a discussion with one of the Student Voice members of staff.
The agenda is available to view and download below: