We are looking for an experienced and proactive individual to join our catering team at the Eagle & Ball pub for a fixed-term contract until 27th May 2022.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and reliable kitchen supervisor to assist the existing Eagle & Ball management team with the successful and smooth operations of the Eagle & Ball Kitchen. The Bar and Catering services that the Eagle & Ball provide are an essential part of the student experience and we are committed to providing the best experience and service at BCU and within the local community.
The successful applicants will have demonstrable catering experience within a catering environment and be committed to working as part of the team. This supervisor position will be focused on responsibility in the catering services, supporting the Kitchen manager in the delivery of the varied menu including pizza, pasta, quesadillas, tacos, salads and light bites.
You can view the Eagle & Ball menus here.
Typical responsibilities of the Catering Supervisor will include:
- Preparation of fresh food
- Monitoring of use-by dates and stock rotation
- allergen management
- supervision of a small team of kitchen assistants and serving staff.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable catering experience within a catering environment and be committed to working as part of a team. Useful skills we are looking for include:
- 1 year experience in a catering environment
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Basic knife skills
- Understanding speed of service and consistency in a high demand environment
- Following Health & Safety and food hygiene practices
- Good personal presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to up-sell or some experience in sales would be useful
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Proven ability to work hard
- Self motivated and hard working
Principle purpose of job:
- To supervise the outlet particularly in the absence of the Managers
- To deliver exceptional customer service
- To assist in instructing & supporting the Bar/Catering Assistants
Send your CV application along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make it clear when applying, which position you are applying for. Your covering letter should demonstrate how you meet the shortlisting criteria listed on the job description. Candidates who are able to demonstrate that they meet the shortlisting criteria most closely will be most successful.
BCUSU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on Race, Age, Disability, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Reassignment, Religion or belief, Marriage and Civil Partnership or Pregnancy and Maternity or any other protected characteristic. If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you in the application or interview process please get in touch to discuss your needs.