We're meeting in person! We will be hosting a very informal 'bring your own' picnic at Cannon Hill Park for a chance to have a chat, eat food and play some games.
LGBTQ+ society are meeting in person! We will be hosting a very informal 'bring your own' picnic at Cannon Hill Park for a chance to have a chat, eat food and play some games.
Cannon Hill Park is a large park just outside the city centre: http://www.cannonhillpark.co.uk and is accessible by a short bus ride from City South (or a 30min walk) or a slightly longer bus ride from City Centre (or a 55min walk). If you're interested in travelling as part of a group, drop us a message as they'll be people coming from campus!
There are currently temporary toilet facilities (portaloos) in the park itself but baby change and disabled toilets are not available, but next to the park is the MAC which has accessible and unisex toilets.
As this is an in-person event, please respect the following guidelines:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or if you should be self-isolating please don't come, but instead interact with the event via our Discord server. UK guidance can be found here: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Please take a Lateral Flow test before and after the event to keep us all as safe as possible. You can collect tests on campus or order them online www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- Respect everyone is handling meeting in person differently, please always ask before initiating any physical contact or getting too close to each other (1m is being recommended by BCU.)
- If you would prefer to wear a mask, please do!
- In order to keep the event COVID safe please bring your own picnic and avoid sharing food with others, if you've forgotten food or drinks there is an Aldi right next door to the park or a grab and go cafe within the MAC.
If you have any queries or concerns please get in touch either on the Discord server: https://discord.gg/cQh2TVFPZg or message us on Instagram @bcusu_lgbtq !