Types of Student Accommodation

Shared Houses and Flats

This type of accommodation is a traditional house or flat that is owned by a private landlord or agent. An agent is a company that manages a property on a landlord's behalf. You can search for shared houses as a group of friends or you can search for individual rooms.


Studio apartments are generally for single occupancy but some will take couples. Prices will vary depending on the location with the closest accommodation to campuses commanding the higher price tags.

Student Halls

This is purpose built student accommodation, similar to University halls. This type of accommodation is self-catered and can be en-suite. Some rooms are in cluster flats, where there are a number of private bedrooms in one hall (cluster) that will share a kitchen, lounge and sometimes a bathroom. Other rooms may be self-contained studios, where the room has its own en-suite, kitchen and study area.

If you are having difficulty finding suitable accommodation, or have some specific requirements, please contact the office by email or call us on 0121 202 4696