This is a full-time position, if elected you’ll be in post July 1st 2024 – June 27th 2025. If you’re studying during this time, you will be expected defer your studies for one year.
Leads the Officer Team and is tasked with representing the views and needs of BCU students at all University Board of Governors and Senate meetings.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
• Becoming the lead figurehead of BCUSU representing BCUSU to the University and externally.
• Encouraging team work and collaboration between the Elected Officers.
• Chair the Board of Trustees of BCUSU, ensuring the Board fulfil their responsibilities for the governance of BCUSU.
1st July 2024 - 30th June 2025
Responsible for everything to do with academia and the way you’re taught during your time at BCU.
• Becoming the lead Officer on all matters related to learning and teaching experience, alongside education policy.
• Working closely with relevant BCUSU staff on all policy research with a particular focus on academic quality.
• Keeping up-to-date with trends and developments in Higher Education.
Ensures BCUSU is representative of all our students and they get the support they need.
• Championing the protected societies, ensuring all information is shared with them.
• Leading on all areas linked to welfare and wellbeing.
• Standing as the lead Officer on all areas related to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
Responsible for our societies and student groups, as well as developing student skills and employability.
• Championing the interests of Societies, Volunteers and Sport.
• Engaging with all BCU campuses for BCUSU.
• Raising awareness of employability activities or initiatives across BCUSU and BCU.
Looks after the democratic structures of your Students’ Union and ensures student feedback is heard through the Representation System.
• Developing the democratic processes and structures of BCUSU based on student input.
• Becoming the lead Officer on all areas linked to the Student Representation System.
• Working as the key University contact for local issues (School and campus issues).