A fantastic, new, student led sustainability project, which promises to make a real change to how we all think about, connect with and preserve our natural surroundings.
We held our first event back in early March - working with Aston University and the Canal and River Trust to clean up the Canal by Curzon From September 2017, we will start to host some regular events including;
- termly meetings and get togethers
- monthly canal clean up events including litter picking, mural painting, planting and more - all based at City Centre
- work at our allotment and "calm space" at City South
- work with the University on sustainable activities, such as recycling old t-shirrts during Go Green week
- collaborative events with other groups, such as upcycling events with Crafty Bitches and activity with Zero Waste groups
We will be looking for people willing to lead certain aspects of the group, such as social activities and promoting canal clean ups. If you are interested, let us know in September!
If you have a specific activity you'd like us to do, let us know, we may also be able to do that as well!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ecobybcusu/?fref=ts
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/bcueco/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/BcUeco
We are looking for volunteers who can join & help us cleaning the canal and plant some trees near university locks on 17th November. If your intereseted please email me us with your name, course and number to Dhanusha.Hemareddy@mail.bcu.ac.uk